Avid Technology are just about to release a new Avid Liquid product line, the company’s new nonlinear editing software and hardware offerings for event videographers, government and corporate video producers, and high-end enthusiasts. Drawn from editing products formerly developed by Pinnacle Systems, the Avid Liquid family includes new versions (v.7.0) of the Avid Liquid and Avid Liquid Pro systems, both of which are packed with new features designed for users who want a single application for creation and delivery of tape, DVD and streaming media. The product line also includes new configurations and pricing for the Avid Liquid Chrome HD (v.6.1) family of solutions featuring advanced standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) I/O hardware.
Avid Liquid builds on popular Liquid features, including native HDV editing, GPU-accelerated effects, background rendering, Dolby Digital 5.1 surround audio with AC-3 encoding, DVD creation directly on the video editing timeline, and great value I/O hardware.
New features of Avid Liquid v.7.0 software include:
• SmartSound integration – custom music creation directly inside the Avid Liquid application.
• New multimedia format support – native editing of popular codecs including WM9, DivX, and MPEG-4 for repurposing and output of content to the Internet.
• New effects – Real-time Timewarp, Stabilize, Dream Glow, and over 50 plug-ins from the highly-regarded Commotion effects suite.
• Avid Open Timeline – native HD and SD editing on the same timeline in real time, without transcoding for fast, flexible editing regardless of format.
• Preview HDV in SD – for viewing HDV in SD on a client video monitor with Avid Liquid Pro.…